2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro Series Edmonton AB
When it comes to the world of midsize trucks we have only one favorite: the Tacoma. It took over from the aptly named Toyota Pickup Truck back in ’95, and has been tearing up the midsize truck segment ever since. In 1998, the first Toyota Racing Development off-road package was introduced, adding performance upgrades and off-road features to create an exciting special edition trim level. But it wasn’t until the TRD Pro Series was introduced just a few years ago that we really got a taste for what the Toyota Racing Development could bring to the table, and next year will the best fruits of its labor yet with the 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro Series in Edmonton AB.
What’s new in the 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro Series?
As we stated, the upcoming TRD Pro Series version of the Toyota Tacoma will be the best we’ve seen yet. It will be filled with outstanding upgrades not just to the performance and off-road capability, but to the design of the truck as well. The TRD Pro Series is built on the 2017 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4 Double Cab Short Bed, drivers will be able to opt for either a 6-speed manual or automatic transmission, as well as three different, exclusive exterior colors: Cement, Barcelona Red Metallic and Super White.
As for those performance upgrades, its 3.5L V6 engine will be assisted by all kinds of bonuses and enhancements both inside and out. We’ve listed all of the upgrades below:
- 16” TRD black alloy wheels
- Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Kevlar-reinforced Tires
- TRD Pro aluminum front skid plate
- Rigid Industries LED fog lights
- Projector-beam headlights
- LED Daytime Running Lights, featuring auto on/off functionality
- Black bezels on headlights and taillights
- TRD Pro front door badging, featuring diamond-pattern knurling
- Black TRD Pro & 4x4 tailgate badging
- Black TRD Pro leather-trimmed font seats, featuring heat functionality and headrest logo
- Premium Audio, featuring Navigation
- TRD shift knob
- TRD Pro floor mats
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel, featuring tilt/telescoping functionality, audio controls and Bluetooth connectivity
- Rear parking assist sonar
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- TRD-tuned FOX 2.5 Internal Bypass Shocks
- TRD-tuned front springs, featuring 1” lift
- TRD-tuned rear suspension, featuring progressive-rate off-road leaf spring
[ READ MORE: about the 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro ]
As more information about the 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro Series becomes available, including when it will become available in Canada, we’ll be sure to fill you in on our blog. Until then, feel free to sign up for more information here on our site or give us a call at the sales desk with any questions!