At the 2017 LA Auto Show last month, Toyota introduced the new FT-AC (Future Toyota Adventure Concept). At its core, it is an SUV equipped to tackle any adventure, but we thought we’d give you a more detailed look at some of its innovative specs & features today!
“FT-AC is not just a means of getting there, it helps to deliver the adventure that outdoor enthusiasts crave. Whatever the road, FT-AC inspires the potential for fun!”
– Cyril Dimitris, Vice President, Toyota Canada Inc.
- The front fascia is equipped not only with LED headlights but fog lights that can be detached from their pods and used as portable lights for nighttime adventures.
- Skid plates ensure that off-road hazards have a more difficult time assaulting the important parts of your underbody, while twin hooks assist in any need for vehicle recovery.
- Oversized fender flares not only add to the stylish design of the FT-AC but better protect the vehicle’s body. Its beefy, 20” all-terrain tires and wheels alongside its enhanced ground clearance assist in this protection.
- The FT-AC features a safari-style cargo roof that is as versatile as the rest of the vehicle, allowing you to carry a wide assortment of gear.
- The roof also features LED marker lights, which can have a wide range of uses, including acting as a natural flash for the side mirrors’ built-in cameras.
- These embedded, infrared cameras allow you to record your trips on the go. Similar to the fog lights, they are removable so that you can also record your adventure after exiting the FT-AC.
- Any footage that you record can be automatically uploaded to the cloud thanks to the FT-AC’s built-in Wi-Fi connectivity. If you want, you can even livestream everything you record.
- At the rear, a built-in bike rack has the ability to retract so that you can hide it when unneeded.
- Finally, the FT-AC offers geolocation capabilities, enabling adventurers to get directions back to basecamp.
We can only cross our fingers that the FT-AC, or a vehicle very much like it, actually makes its way to the Toyota lineup here in Canada. Be sure to check our blog often for updates or further news.