2018 Toyota Sequoia TRD Sport Canadian Release Date
You might remember late last week, we announced the all-new 2018 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport model, as well as the fact that the Tundra would be undergoing a mid-generation refresh. But we also mentioned that the Tundra wasn’t the only TRD Sport model to be unveiled at the Chicago Auto Show last week. Enter the all-new 2018 Toyota Sequoia TRD Sport. We simply cannot wait for its Canadian release date, as this marks the first time the Sequoia has ever had a TRD trim level.
[ READ MORE: 2018 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport Canadian Release Date ]
“Lately, the TRD Pro family has been getting a lot of the Toyota spotlight, creating a halo-effect that has made our TRD Sport and TRD Off-Road grades more popular than ever. In fact, across our Truck and SUV lineup, TRD sales are up by more than 52 percent over the last two years. And nearly half of Tundra and Tacoma customers are option for a TRD package. Whether it’s on the trail or in the fast lane, our truck owners appreciate that added performance edge and unique styling that sets them apart. Ladies and gentlemen, I’m pleased to introduce the two newest additions to the TRD family… the 2018 Tundra… and Sequoia TRD Sport. These trucks came out great!”
– Bill Fay, Vice President and General Manager, Toyota Group
What’s new in the 2018 Toyota Sequoia TRD Sport?
We’re extremely excited that the full-size Toyota Sequoia SUV is finally getting its own TRD model, and we can’t wait for it to be available here in Edmonton. Until that point though, we thought we’d give you an idea of what it has to offer by listing some of its upgrades below:
- TRD Sport-tuned Bilstein shocks
- TRD anti-sway bars in the front and back
- New front grille and bumper grille insert
- Metallic black mirror caps
- 20” black alloy sport wheels
- Darkened rear taillight housing
- Black satin finish TRD Sport badging (located on the front doors)
- Metallic black and chrome Sequoia badging (located on the liftgate)
- Black fabric seating
- Black leather captain chair seats (available)
- TRD shift knob
- TRD Sport floor mats
- TRD Sport sill protectors
As more information surfaces regarding the all-new 2018 Toyota Sequoia TRD Sport we’ll be sure to fill you in, so check the Go Toyota on the Trail blog often in the meantime!