A few months ago we announced the all-new 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road trim levels, and we couldn’t have been more excited about the prospect. Now, we’ve discovered we could be more excited, as we just got word that there will be a 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro Series here in Canada as well, with a release date of, well, any time now!
[ READ MORE: 2017 Toyota 4Runner Off-Road Canadian Release Date ]
“The 4Runner is an authentic, body-on-frame SUV that already has a solid and well-deserved global reputation as a truck that can tackle just about any terrain on the planet – and with the enhancements included on the TRD Pro edition, it’s ready to conquer the rest. We’re pleased to offer Canadians this true off-road warrior as part of our expanded TRD Pro series, which also includes the Tundra and Tacoma pick-up trucks. The 2017 4Runner TRD Pro combined rugged performance upgrades with styling to match its awesome capabilities.”
– Cyril Dimitris, Vice President, Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Racing Development Pro Enhancements
- TRD-tuned Front Springs
- TRD Bilstein High-performance Shocks, featuring Rear Remote Reservoirs
- 5” Nitto Terra Grappler All-terrain Tires
- 17” Matte Black Aluminum Wheels, featuring TRD Centre Caps
- Heritage Toyota Grille
- TRD Shift Knob
- TRD Pro-badged Floor Mats
- Black TRD Pro Badging on C-pillar and tailgate
- TRD-stamped Aluminum Front Skid Plate
- Black Accents on Front & Rear Fascia
- All TRD Off-road Upgrades, including: Crawl Control, Multi-terrain Select, Hood Scoop etc.
Of course the other thing you probably want to know about is the engine. The 2017 4Runner TRD Pro is powered by a 4.0L V6 engine, capable of doling out 270 horsepower alongside 278 pound-feet of torque. Plus, it’s capable of hauling 5,000 lbs. behind it. If you think this powerful off-road machine is right for you, schedule a test drive in the 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro Series today.