What’s new in the 2017 Toyota RAV4 & RAV4 Hybrid?
One of the most popular crossovers in Canada, or at the very least one of the most popular Toyota models, is without a doubt the Toyota RAV4. Last year, the RAV4 Hybrid was introduced, and the standard model underwent a makeover before rolling out the new version. But just because a model receives a makeover one year, doesn’t mean that they can’t introduce new things the next year. The RAV4 & RAV4 Hybrid both got a handful of upgrades and enhancements this year, and we’re happy to fill you in!
[ READ MORE: 2016 Toyota RAV4 Specs & Features ]
“Canadians love the Toyota RAV4 – it’s one of our best-selling models. And for 2017, we give Canadians even more to love, with more standard features including additional safety technologies, plus new model/grade packages. With a choice of front wheel drive, all-wheel drive and hybrid-powered models, there’s never been a better time to find out what thousands of Canadian drivers already know: the Toyota RAV4 is your perfect partner in play.”
– Cyril Dimitris, Vice President, Toyota Canada Inc.
List of Upgrades & Enhancements
- The Toyota Safety Sense P package – which includes PCS w/ Pedestrian Detection, LDA with Steering Assist, DRCC and Automatic High Beams – is now standard on all models
- The RAV4 LE now comes standard with a 4.2” MID display, automatic headlamps, a 6.1” display audio screen, heated front seats and a backup camera
- The RAV4 SE now comes standard with the Smart Key System and Push Button Start
- The Platinum Package is available on the RAV4 Limited, featuring hands-free power rear lift-gate, ambient foot-well lighting, a 5-door smart entry system, a unique full body color, unique interior trim and unique badging
- The Base RAV4 Hybrid is now called the LE+, and a new trim level above it will be called SE
- The RAV4 Hybrid LE+ adds unique 17” alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, rain-sensing front wipers, fog lamps and more
- The RAV4 Hybrid SE adds the RAV4 SE’s features – including sport tuned suspension and unique design cues
- The RAV4 Hybrid Limited now comes standard with the Technology Package and a hands-free power rear lift-gate
If you think you might be interested in the updated 2017 Toyota RAV4 or 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, be sure to give us a call here at the sales desk or schedule an early test drive right here on our website.