Test Drive Tips and Tricks
When you are shopping for a new vehicle, there are many steps to the process, and one of them is test driving vehicles. When you have a general idea of what you are looking for, it’s time to get behind the wheel and see how it drives. When you go in for test drive it can be easy to forget what you should ask or remember to pay attention to, so we’ve created a helpful list of test drive tips and tricks to help you through your next test drive experience.
Questions to Ask Yourself at a Test Drive
- Is it easy to get in and out of the vehicle without stooping or hitting your head?
- Is there enough space for your head, hips and legs to be comfortable?
- Is the driving position comfortable?
- Is the seat easy to adjust?
- Are the gauges and controls easy to use and understand?
- How is the overall visibility?
Specific Features to Try at a Test Drive
- Acceleration and passing acceleration: Does the car downshift quickly and smoothly?
- Engine and road noise: How does the car sound when you accelerate? Is there a lot of noise from the tires?
- Hill-climbing power: Does the vehicle hesitate at inclines?
- Braking: How does the pedal feel?
- Steering and handling: Is the vehicle responsive?
- Suspension: Does the vehicle ride well on rough roads?
Areas to Inspect During a Test Drive
It is also a good idea to get to know a vehicle inside and out before making a purchase. You should inspect the cargo area as well as the back seat to make sure it is comfortable and spacious enough for everyone and everything you might need to take along for the ride. You probably also want to ask about optional colours, interior materials and features to make sure that the vehicle looks how you want it to.
These are just a few things to keep in mind during your test drive experiences. If you are ready to take that next step and test out a few vehicles, schedule a test drive at Go Toyota Scion on the Trail. We will be able to help answer any questions you might have about the Toyota lineup or Scion lineup. Call or visit us in Edmonton AB today!